Blog Archive

New Gingerbread 2.3.4 update for the Motorola Atrix

I had recently did the upgrade from Froyo to Gingerbread.  It was a horrible experience.  Though the response of the phone becomes better, but it came at the expense of short battery life.  And I meant really short.  For the past week, it couldn't last me for more than 1/2 the day.  I had even tried to disable all connection (BT, Wifi, Flight mode), and left the phone idling with screen off, and not using it at all.  After 5 hours, >50% of the battery had drained off.  That was so disappointing

This morning, I had decided to perform a factory reset and not to restore from any backups.  Took me quite awhile to do that.  But I glad I did.  Finally, with a factory reset, and only a few apps, the battery life miraculously improved by many folds.  I had been using for the past 12 hours, and it's still at 70% for normal usage.  I guess the factory reset did the trick.  Probably the battery drain was caused by some apps/settings that works for Froyo, and not Gingerbread.

I really ought to be more cautious and do more research before doing the upgrade.  *phew*

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts